This Page

has been moved to new address

Reused decor ideas

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: Reused decor ideas

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Reused decor ideas


Let me just say that I am SO over reds, yellows and basically anything dark in color in my house.  I am SO in love with whites, tans and teals....ahhh now if only I had 2 million dollars or maybe even just a hundred to make some changes....but instead in true Jaime fashion I find bargain ways to reuse and redo what I already have----starting with these pillows....  ***keep in mind these covers may only last as long as I am able to keep my paws off of my new sewing machine....but for the time being I love this new idea


Flour sacks!!!  In all of their vintage glory and for a couple dollars a pop, the lighten up my yucky red so I am thrilled and I think they really add character....this may begin my official obsession with flour sacks because I also love them folded, draped and basically everywhere around the house---watch out, there will be more! 


 Next up is my ever changing mantel, I already had the white frame that I painted up a few months ago, but I just found the smaller gold frame on rotation up nort'e Michigan, (proof that treasures can be found everywhere!).  This was truly a treasure to me because it came with glass---this seems to be rare....since it already had glass I printed up a graphic fairy clip art picture on scrapbook paper and put it right up on the wall....I am sure the gold frame will be painted white or a variation of white at some point but for the moment I am enjoying it in its gold glory.  ***It should be noted that I treasure these frames so much because they are all wood and super intricately carved and all (I have a few more not pictured) purchased for less than $4.00 so I have no problem painting them!


Another treasure for the weekend----this old drawer-------IIIIII LOVE old drawers!  Look at the shape of this one and the old hardware, and is it even necessary for me to point out the chipping paint....ahhhhhhh  LOVE!  Soooo the bottom of this beauty was a bit beat up so I added some vintage looking scrapbook paper as a liner on the bottom-what do you thing?


Back to the reusing-I love setting books out as decor....turns out I like ripping covers off of 25 cent books that I find at garage sales and putting them out too.... I want to distress them a bit more but you get the idea.


Ahhh and finally, my love affair with my teal paint continues...I re-painted this bench (and have since distressed it a bunch more), I am slowly and surely learning and teaching myself new painting and distressing techniques and having a good time with it....this could be dangerous because I have a lot of dark furniture around the house that might look nice in a lighter shade :o)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tabitha@InspiredByGiving said...

Love all of your ideas! We need to talk about my table that I want to paint white...I need your expertese!

January 26, 2011 at 5:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool ideas! What a unique drawer!! Where did you find flour sacks? I might want to look for some. Thanks for sharing!!

January 29, 2011 at 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Cassandra said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new pillow covers!!! I cannot wait to try this and even more excited to do it with you!?!?!?!

February 8, 2011 at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home