This Page

has been moved to new address

A no sew lamp shade re-do

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy: A no sew lamp shade re-do

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A no sew lamp shade re-do

Well I am crazy crazy for bold patterned fabric right now.
Andddd I am having fun incorporating it in all different areas in my house!


including my old lamps.
lets talk lamps.
I hate my old lamps--this guy was from ikea....from about a million years ago...
and it needed the shade face lift.
I wish I had a million dollars because I LOVE new lamps and would love to by about 150 of them.
I can honestly say that yes---15 lamps is about what I could realistically use for around my house....
buttt since I can't buy all new this moment...
I use my fabric anddddd make my old lamps a bit more desirable.


All I used was:
-fabric, a glue gun and spray adhesive.


I had fun using spray adhesive for the first time---wow did that make covering the shade simple!
I just sprayed and wrapped the fabric around.
Then I trimmed the excess fabric.


Next I folded the seam and glue-gunned it nice and tight.


Then I trimmed and wrapped the edges and glued down.


so so simple.
nice and inexpensive.
anddd I like the lamp a lot more than I did.


kind of a fun fall fabric right?!

I am sharing my lamp makeover at a few of these wonderful link-y parties!
I hope you are all getting excited to link up your wonderful ideas starting tomorrow (Wed.) night!!! 
:o)

21 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Massey said...

I think I have this EXACT SAME lamp! Yours looks much better than mine, though...;) AND GIRL! What is that spooky sign hangin' up there???? LOVE. Please share it next week, would you????

September 27, 2011 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Darby Hawley said...

The pattern on that fabric is really pretty!

September 27, 2011 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Just Jaime said...

Love that lamp! Your redo is great!

September 27, 2011 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Love Sweet Love said...

What a cute and EASY idea!! Thanks for sharing! I was also wondering what that fun Halloween sign was...share please!

September 27, 2011 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Aw Jaime, this is adorable! Seriously, I need you to decorate my house. I find myself loving every single thing you do--is that creepy. :) No, but really, this is super cute & just shows that you can transform anything to look like new!

September 27, 2011 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger I am LOVD said...

Ohhh, I melt for awesome fabric! I love what you did with that IKEA lampshade. My head is spinning with the possibilities. I think my lampshades are shaking with fear. Little do they know how good they could look. As I pass these fearful lampshades I whisper, soon your beauty will be restored. Thanks for the idea and it's just too amazing!

September 27, 2011 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Twigs and Twirls said...

The lamp looks great Jamie. BUT where did you get that Halloween print??????? I LOVE IT !!!! Please share ;-)

September 27, 2011 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger Deborah March said...

CUTE...and you could do it again and again...and again...

♥♥ Deborah

September 27, 2011 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger Pamela Bates said...

gotta get some spray adhesive!!!! i am so doing this to the new plain old white shade i bought. oh yes i am!

September 27, 2011 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Great job :)

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

September 28, 2011 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love this fabric!! The lamp looks gorgeous. There are so many wonderful lighting options. I could spend a fortune transforming all of our lighting.

Ruth

September 28, 2011 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Margo said...

This turned out so cute!

September 29, 2011 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger Elena @ La Petite Vie said...

Wow, the face lift is perfect, love it!!! Thanks for the fabulous idea, I have that same ikea lamp shade in my living room right now that is needing some help as well!

September 29, 2011 at 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Deanna said...

Your redo looks great. I have a couple Ikea lamps that need a major facelift too. Maybe I can takle them this weekend. You make it look so easy! I found you through the linky party on WhipperBerry. Love fining new fun blogs to follow though those. Cheers!

September 29, 2011 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger Kara @ June & Bear said...

Very pretty. Simple yet effective. Love it.

September 30, 2011 at 5:59 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

This is really cute..I have two small scone looking lamps on each side of my bed that I now know what to do with...thanks for the idea. Thanks.

Would love it if you would link this up to our Rockin' link party going on now at RoCa and Company. Here is the link: http://rocaandcompany.blogspot.com/2011/09/you-rock-3.html . Come and show off what you got. Hope to see you there...

Remember...YOU ROCK!!

Carmen @
RoCa and Company
www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

September 30, 2011 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger cheryl @ nefotlak. said...

i love the fabric you used - great makeover!!
cheryl xox.

September 30, 2011 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger WhyCuzICan said...

JAIME! Very, very, very cute (errr...like you..grin) and the shape of this shade is outstanding (tall...tee hee) too!

You "party" at others linkies and you host your own too- you are a WILD woman; so glad.

Smiles from Suzanne in NW Illinois

October 1, 2011 at 6:59 AM  
Blogger WhyCuzICan said...

Opps, forgot to mention Jaime, I spotted you at TheShabbyNest's party today
:D Suz

October 1, 2011 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

VERY pretty!! I too love lamps -- I wish I had more! I just tried the spray adhesive for another project recently -- never thought of using it this way -- great idea!

October 2, 2011 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love it!! That fabric is awesome!
Thanks for linking up with us at Show & Share!!

October 3, 2011 at 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home